Lovers of Italian cuisine, I appeal to you, urgently take the salad into the "piggy bank" of recipes. I am sure this dish will be a hit for the coming summer season. Simple and incredibly tasty! You can find a step-by-step cooking recipe below.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Dairy / Cheese
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Iceberg salad - 1/3 Piece
- Tomato - 1 Piece (for dressing)
- Cherry tomatoes - 5-8 Pieces
- Mozzarella cheese - 125 Gram
- Parmesan cheese - 2 Teaspoons (grated)
- Eggplant - 1 Piece (medium)
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp. spoon (for dressing)
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 teaspoon (for dressing)
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 Art. spoons (for frying eggplant)
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs - 2 tbsp. spoons (for breading before frying)
- Dry Herb Blend - 0.5 Teaspoons (for breading, basil, oregano, sage, etc.)
- Dried Garlic - 0.5 Teaspoons (for breading)
- Fresh basil - 2-3 pieces
How to cook "Italian Parmigiano Salad"
Prepare your ingredients.
Cut the eggplant into thin slices, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, leave for 5-7 minutes.
Prepare the breading, add aromatic herbs and dried garlic to the bread crumbs.
Squeeze out the moisture released from the eggplant, roll in breading and fry in vegetable oil until tender.
Transfer the fried eggplant to a plate and cool to room temperature.
To prepare the salad dressing, grate the tomato.
Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the dressing, salt to taste.
Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
Now that the preliminary preparation has been carried out, you can start assembling the salad. Pick up the Iceberg salad with your hands and place on a plate, top with the fried eggplant slices.
Spread mozzarella slices and cherry tomatoes in halves or quarters on top of the eggplant.
Pour the prepared salad dressing over the salad, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and garnish with green basil leaves. Congratulations, you are enjoying the taste of Italy! Buon appetito! Enjoy your meal!