In order to diversify your cuisine, to give it a French charm, prepare French mustard sauce. It is very tasty, and besides, it cooks very quickly, literally in 10 minutes. See the step by step recipe below.
Main Ingredient: Dairy / Sour Cream / Mustard
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Butter - 20 grams
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Ground black pepper - 1 Pinch
- Salt - 1 Pinch (or to taste)
- Sugar - 1 Pinch (or to taste)
- White wine vinegar - 1 tbsp. spoon (can be replaced with apple, rice, table)
- Shallots - 1 Piece (or regular onion)
- Mustard - 1-2 Teaspoons
- Milk - 30-50 Milliliters (as needed if the sauce is too thick)
How to make French Mustard Sauce
Prepare your ingredients.
Chop the onion finely and fry in butter until soft.
Add vinegar, mustard, sour cream to the onion, salt, add sugar and ground black pepper, simmer for 2-3 minutes over low heat. If the sauce is thick, you can slightly dilute it with milk.
Transfer the mustard sauce to the gravy boat and serve warm.
I used the sauce for the chicken cutlet, it perfectly complemented the neutral taste of chicken with a pleasant creamy mustard note.