Polpette or Italian meatballs are a family meal that kids and adults will love. It is quite simple to prepare, it turns out a lot, enough for a large family. See the step by step recipe and enjoy cooking.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Minced Meat
Dish: Hot dishes / Meatballs
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Minced meat - 750 grams (meat or fish)
- Tomatoes - 400 grams (cut in their own juice or tomato trade wind)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 3 Cloves
- Parmesan - 35 grams (grated)
- Cheese - 180 Grams (ricotta, mozzarella or mascarpone)
- Meat broth - 80-100 Milliliters
- Wine - 80 Milliliters (white, dry)
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Sun-dried tomatoes - 20 Grams
- Mushrooms - 150 Grams (any, I have frozen morels)
- Dried basil - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Tomatoes - 1 Piece (fresh)
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
- Ground black pepper - 1 pinch
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
How to cook "Polpette"
Prepare your ingredients.
Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, ricotta or any other cheese to the minced meat.
Pour vegetable (olive) oil into a baking dish.
Form the meatballs with wet hands, place in the mold.
Fry mushrooms and chopped onions in vegetable (olive) oil, then add garlic squeezed through a press, pour in dry white wine. Simmer for about 5 minutes, during this time alcohol vapors will evaporate.
Put the tomato trade wind or chopped tomatoes in their own juice, add a tablespoon of tomato paste, dry basil, simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add the broth to the sauce.
Pour the prepared sauce over the polpette meatballs, top with slices of fresh tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove the finished meatballs from the oven.
It makes sense to serve the meatballs with real Italian pasta. This dish can feed a large family, it is delicious and very satisfying!