In my kitchen, you can always find a couple of eggs, butter and a glass of flour, and poppy seeds are sold in the nearest store. I add lemon zest to the cake, you can replace it with orange peel or do without it altogether. The pie dough is thin so you don't need to knead or let it rest. Just boarded up and bake right away!
Main Ingredient: Dough / Sponge Pastry / Poppy
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: German / European
- Poppy - 1-1.5 Glasses
- Butter - 6 Tbsp. spoons
- Prune puree - 0.5 cups
- Sugar - 1 Glass
- Flour - 0.5 cups
- Eggs - 4 Pieces
- Lemon - 1 Piece (zest)
- Almond Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Walnuts - To taste
- Cream Cheese - To taste (for garnish)
How to make Poppy Pie
1. Combine soft butter with sugar, whisk. Separate the whites from the yolks, add the yolks to the butter, then chopped poppy seeds and mashed prunes. In another bowl, beat the chicken whites until soft peaks.
2. Add the zest of one lemon, almond extract to a bowl of poppy seeds, add flour and chicken proteins, mix.
3. Cover the baking dish with parchment, pour the dough and send it to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes, then remove from the mold and cool.
4. Brush the finished pie with whipped cream cheese and garnish with walnuts.