You don't need to use yeast dough to bake delicious sweet buns. You can prepare wheat sourdough as a basis for the dough - baking on it turns out to be not only tasty, but also healthy. The main feature of these buns is the sugar filling and the sand crumbs, which, during baking, create a soft sweet crumb on the surface of the buns. You can shape the buns in a different way, as long as the sugar filling remains inside the roll during baking.
Main Ingredient: Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Buns / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Wheat flour of the first or highest grade - 1000 grams (200 g - in the leaven, 800 g - in the dough + 2 tbsp. L. - for crumbs)
- Water at room temperature - 470 grams (200 g - in the leaven, 270 g - in the dough)
- Sourdough - 400 Grams
- Sugar - 50-120 Grams (+ 2 tablespoons for crumbs)
- Vegetable or soft butter - 50 grams
- Chicken egg - 2-3 pieces
- Salt - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Wheat starter - 1-2 Art. spoons
- Butter - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
How to make "Butter buns for tea"
1. Prepare the dough: dilute the starter with water at room temperature and mix well. Add sifted flour and stir. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and leave for 8 hours at room temperature.
2. Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl, add room temperature water and stir. Add vegetable or soft butter, salt, eggs and sugar. Stir until smooth and add the sifted flour.
3. Stir the dough for 1 minute at 1 speed, then knead the dough for 5 minutes at 2 speeds. Round the dough and transfer to a greased bowl with vegetable oil. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
4. Place dough on a floured work surface and round. Divide the dough into two parts, covering one of them with plastic wrap. Divide a piece of dough into 12 pieces and round.
5. Roll each ball into a thin round layer, lay out a strip of granulated sugar along the edge, roll into a roll and secure the edges on both sides.
6. Place one end of the bundle on the other so that there is a hole in the middle. Pass the lower end of the bundle through the hole, pull the upper end of the bundle to the first end and connect so that they do not come apart during baking.
7. Place the pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover the buns with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
8. Prepare the crumb: mix flour with sugar, chopped butter and grind into crumb. Brush the buns with a beaten egg and water and sprinkle liberally with crumbs.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool the buns on a baking sheet. Enjoy your meal!