Roasted leg of lamb is a great main course. It goes well with a side dish of baked vegetables, mashed peas, potatoes, broccoli, green salad or fresh vegetable salad. Rosemary and garlic are great spices for this dish. The meat is tender, juicy and incredibly tasty.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Lamb
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: European
- Leg of lamb on the bone - 1 Piece
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Garlic - 1 Piece
- Rosemary - To taste
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 Cup
How to cook "Leg of Lamb"
1. Peel the garlic, cut each clove into a few more pieces. Chop a few sprigs of rosemary.
2. Wash and dry the meat, then use a sharp knife to make deep cuts all over the leg.
3. Lash each cut with garlic and herbs.
4. Combine salt, sugar and pepper. Rub the mixture generously on all sides. Bake the leg of lamb at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 165 degrees and bake the leg to an internal temperature of 60-65 degrees.
6. Remove the leg from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
7. Serve the whole leg and cut on the table for a much more effective serving.