Look, I'll show you how to make the most delicate "Creamy Gingerbread Cakes". The whole point is in the biscuit, it is prepared on the basis of butter with a small addition of sour cream, enhances the creamy taste of the glaze. Once the icing sponge cake has cooled, it can be cut into triangles or squares, garnished with whipped or spray cream, and served with tea. See the recipe!
Appointment: For children / For dessert / For a banquet table / Birthday / March 8
Main Ingredient: Dough / Sponge Pastry
Dish: Baking / Cake / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Wheat flour - 250 grams
- Sugar - 150 Grams
- Butter - 150 Grams
- Sour cream - 50 grams
- Eggs - 3 Pieces
- Lemon - 1/2 Piece (juice and zest)
- Ginger - 15 Grams
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar - 180 Grams (glaze)
- Butter - 15 Grams (glaze)
- Lemon Juice - 25 Milliliters (glaze)
- Spray cream - To taste (for garnish)
How to Make Creamy Gingerbread Cakes
1. Prepare the food, let's get started! It is better to get the oil out of the refrigerator in advance so that it softens a little. Turn the oven 180 degrees.
2. Beat the butter with a mixer with sugar until a creamy mass is formed.
3. Introduce the sour cream, one egg at a time, without turning off the mixer. Peel the ginger, grate on a fine grater, remove the zest from half a lemon. Pour lemon juice (from half a lemon) into the mixer bowl, add zest and ginger. Stir.
4. Pour in flour and baking powder, bring the dough to a smooth finish.
5. Cover the form with parchment, grease with oil. Smooth the dough and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes. While the biscuit is in the oven, prepare the icing. To do this, combine soft butter with the juice of the second half of the lemon and powdered sugar. Use a whisk or spoon to smooth the glaze.
6. Fill the finished biscuit with icing and leave to cool. If you want a wide layer of frosting, then double the amount of products for it.
7. Cut the biscuit into squares. Garnish each with cream and zest. The cakes are ready!
8. Bon appetit!