The literal translation is "white pudding", which fully justifies its name with the delicate texture and white color of sausages. The production and sale of Boudin blanc de Rethel is popular to this day, in addition to the classic recipe, sometimes wild mushrooms, foie gras or truffles are added to sausages. These sausages are served with fruits, vegetables and always with champagne!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Poultry / Chicken / Pork / Chicken Thighs / Pork Tenderloin
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Brisket (pork, fat content 50%) - 200 grams
- Chicken thigh (without skin and bone) - 800 Grams
- Cream (20% cold) - 350 Milliliters
- Brandy - 50 Milliliters
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Garlic (dried) - 1 teaspoon
- Thyme (dried) - 1 Teaspoon
- Green onions (to taste, in the classic - shallots) - To taste
- Salt - 26 Grams
- Intestines (lamb or pork) - To taste
How to cook "French sausages" Boudin Blanc "
1. Prepare food. The meat should be well chilled, like cream and brandy. Let's get started!
2. Wash all meat thoroughly. Cut the pork into pieces, remove the skin from the thighs and remove the bones.
3. Pass all the meat through a meat grinder, place the finest sieve (ideally a 2 mm grid).
4. Add cream, brandy, salt, spices, egg. Mix the minced meat well until smooth and viscous.
5. Put onion. Stir.
6. The minced meat is ready.
7. Soak the intestines for 10-15 minutes in warm water, rinse inside and out. To rinse the inside, you need to pass a small portion of water through them.
8. Put the intestine on a special attachment, tie the end well with a "knot". Fill the intestines with minced meat, keeping out the air.
9. Twist the sausages alternately in different directions to get 13-15 cm each. Leave it for an hour.
10. Now you need a thermometer or a multicooker with the "Multipovar" mode. Heat the water to 90 degrees, lower the sausages and wait until the temperature rises to 90 degrees again. Keep at this temperature - 10-15 minutes for lamb and 20-25 minutes for pork. Cool the finished sausages. Disconnect.
11. Ready-made sausages, if desired, can be fried on the grill or in fat in a pan.
12. Serve with fruits, vegetables and champagne!
Any "unconsolidated" sausages from raw minced meat in a natural casing should be dipped into hot, non-boiling, well-salted water, after having pricked the casing in several places with a toothpick or a chef's needle. Only then can they be fried on the grill or in a pan.