I highly recommend trying the tomato buns with cherry tomatoes. The dough is tender, sweetish and tasty! An excellent solution for a picnic or just instead of bread for the first courses, you can take it with you to work. They keep well, even the next day they remain soft. Try it!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Buns
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Warm water - 150 Milliliters
- Tomato Paste - 70 Grams
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Dry Fast Acting Yeast - 2 Teaspoons
- Wheat flour - 2.5-3 glasses
- Cherry Tomatoes - 8 Pieces
- Sesame - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Milk - 2-3 tbsp. spoons (for greasing buns)
How to make Tomato Buns
1. Prepare food. Let's get started!
2. In a deep bowl combine sugar, salt, yeast, paste. Pour in warm water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add butter, flour.
4. Knead a soft dough. Leave it warm for 30-40 minutes, during which time it should double. Be sure to cover with a towel or plastic wrap and tighten the bowl to prevent the dough from drying out.
5. Wash the tomatoes, pat dry with a paper towel. Divide the dough into 8 parts.
6. Gather the dough into a ball, press down to make a flat cake. Place the tomato in the center.
7. Pinch the edge well, gathering the dough into a knot. Form a round bun.
8. Lubricate the mold with vegetable oil. Place the buns, brush them with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Leave warm for 20 minutes to proof.
9. Bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
10. Tomato rolls are ready!