In Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and other Slavic countries, a more popular option for making dumplings is to boil them in water. In China, Japan and other eastern countries, this dish is just as popular. There they are prepared with various fillings, for example, vegetable, fish or seafood, as well as meat, but they are not boiled, but fried in a pan. The dish is served hot, with sauce, herbs.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Pork / Dough
Dish: Hot dishes / Dumplings
Cuisine geography: Japanese / Asian
- Dough - To taste (for blanks)
- Sunflower oil - To taste (for frying)
- Mushrooms - 8 Pieces
- Pork - 500 Grams
- Green Onions - 3 Pieces
- Soy sauce - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Salt, pepper - To taste
How to cook "Pan Fried Dumplings"
1. From unleavened dough, make round blanks for dumplings (or buy ready-made ones). Wash the pork and twist into minced meat, wash the mushrooms and onions.
2. Chop the mushrooms into cubes, chop finely green onions, put everything in a bowl with the minced meat, salt and pepper a little, add soy sauce.
3. Roll each blank for dumplings a little, put a teaspoon of the filling in the center and wrap the dumplings (here everyone does as he wants). Sprinkle a plate with flour and place the dumplings on it so that they do not stick together.
4. Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil, put the dumplings and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes. Then pour in some water and cook with the lid closed.
5. Transfer the finished dumplings to a plate and serve hot, with soy sauce or sour cream.