The recipe has been tested over the years, and the result is exactly the kind of caviar that was sold in Soviet stores. Therefore, follow the recipe and cooking technology exactly! Tip: if you take large zucchini, peel them from seeds and peels. You do not need to peel young zucchini.
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Zucchini
Dish: Blanks / Preservation
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Zucchini - 6 Kilograms
- Bow - 1 Kilogram
- Sunflower oil - 1 Glass
- Tomato Paste - 500 Milliliters
- Mayonnaise - 500 Milliliters
- Sugar - 1 Glass
- Salt - 2 Tbsp. spoons (with a slide)
- Pepper - To taste
Number of Servings: 12
How to cook "Soviet squash caviar"
1. Grind the zucchini with a blender or meat grinder.
2. Place in a saucepan, add oil and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Dice the onion.
4. Fry in a skillet with oil until golden brown.
5. Add fried onions, tomato paste, mayonnaise, sugar and salt to the courgettes. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
6. Grind the caviar until smooth with a blender. After all, caviar of exactly this consistency was sold in the USSR. Place in jars and roll up.
7. Bon appetit!