I will tell you how to cook chicken in Georgian. The first thing you need is chicken, carefully prepared for roasting. Be sure to remove the remnants of feathers, rough yellow skin from the legs, the coccygeal gland (it is on the tail), wash well inside and out. Only then proceed to marinade and marinate the chicken. If there is no yogurt, then take natural yogurt without additives. After the marinade, remove with paper towels, otherwise it will be difficult to grease the chicken with oil. The oil is taken well on dry skin. Bake in a hot oven until fully cooked, if the juice is clear when punctured, the chicken is ready! Good luck!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: Georgian / Caucasian
- Chicken - 1 Piece
- Matsoni - 200 Grams
- Ginger root - 1 Piece (1 * 1 cm piece)
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Utskho-suneli - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Imeretian saffron - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Ground coriander - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Svan salt - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Butter - 120 Grams (for spiced butter)
- Garlic - 2 Cloves (for spiced butter)
- Ground cumin - 0.25 Teaspoons (for spiced oil)
- Ground cinnamon - 0.25 Teaspoons (for spiced oil)
- Turmeric - 0.25 Teaspoons (for spiced oil)
- Ground coriander - 0.25 Teaspoons (for spiced oil)
- Utskho-suneli - 1 Pinch (for spiced butter)
- Ground ginger - 1 pinch (for spicy butter)
- Ground cayenne pepper - 1 Pinch (for spiced butter)
- Svan Salt - 1 Pinch (for spiced butter)
How to cook "Georgian Chicken"
1. Prepare the chicken marinade: grate the ginger on a fine grater, finely chop the garlic, combine with yogurt, add utskho-suneli, saffron, coriander, salt. Stir.
2. Make small deep cuts throughout the carcass, rub the marinade on all sides and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the spiced butter: combine softened butter with finely chopped garlic, salt, cinnamon, coriander, utskho-suneli, cumin, ginger and pepper. Stir well.
4. Dry the marinated chicken with paper towels. Rub generously with scented oil on the inside under the skin through small incisions, also lubricate well on top.
5. Line a small deep baking sheet with foil, leave some of the foil hanging down. Put in the chicken.
6. Cover it with the end of the foil and place it in a hot oven (180 degrees) for 40 minutes. Then open the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until the chicken has a beautiful golden color and crust.
7. Georgian chicken is ready! Very aromatic, serve hot!
8. Bon appetit!