The pie from Alla Kovalchuk is author's, so I do not recommend changing anything, but I advise you to follow the recipe and cooking technology exactly! I can promise you that the result will please you: creamy shortcrust pastry and juicy, soft filling inside. Serve the cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cold.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Dairy / Dough / Butter
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Wheat flour - 470 grams
- Apple - 500 Grams
- Butter - 250 grams
- Sugar - 200 Grams
- Chicken Egg - 2 Pieces
- Lemon - 1 Piece
- Soda - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon - 1 Pinch
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Powdered Sugar - To taste
How to cook "Apple Pie from Alla Kovalchuk"
1. Beat eggs with a whisk with 150 grams of sugar.
2. Add baking soda, quenched with lemon juice.
3. 200 grams of butter, melt and cool. Add to the eggs with sugar.
4. Add flour in portions and knead the dough. Separate 1/3 of the dough, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Cover 2/3 with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. Cut the apples into slices.
6. Melt 50 grams of butter in a frying pan, add apples, add 50 grams of sugar and cinnamon. Fry until soft.
7. Spread most of the dough over the oiled baking dish to form rims.
8. Lay out the apples.
9. Grate a smaller portion of the dough on top.
10. Bake the pie in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar when serving. Enjoy your meal!