To make the bird not only tasty, but also aromatic, I suggest making a garlic-lemon sauce with dried herbs. Plus, adding butter will add juiciness and crispiness. However, you can always experiment with sauces and use a wide variety of vegetables for the filling.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes / Whole dishes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Chicken - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 5-7 Cloves
- Salt and Spices - To taste (pepper, thyme, basil, oregano)
- Lemon - 1/2 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Butter - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Whole chicken in the oven"
1. Wash and dry the chicken. Place your hand gently under the skin, separating it from the breast.
2. Pass half the garlic through a press. Add softened butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dried herbs. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place some of the sauce under the skin to saturate the meat.
4. Spread the rest over the whole chicken. Place the bird in a greased ovenproof dish.
5. Dice the onion. Salt, add spices, drizzle with lemon juice. Place the onion inside the bird.
6. Tie the legs with a thick thread and send the chicken to the oven preheated to 180 degrees.
7. Bake until tender.
8. Before serving, cover the dish with foil and leave the chicken for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy your meal!