So, I want to tell you how to cook "Zucchini caviar in the oven" for the winter. To do this, I take young medium-sized zucchini, Onions, carrots, bell peppers - all 3 medium pieces, and 4-5 tomatoes, look by size, if small, then 5 is better, and if large, then three will be enough. Wash and chop all vegetables, place in a deep baking sheet and bake until soft. Then puree, add sugar-salt, vinegar and roll up! Everything is easy and simple, and most importantly, you do not need to stand at the stove for a long time! Yes, this caviar tastes better than the one that is cooked on the stove, baked vegetables have a different, completely indescribable aroma and taste! Try it and good luck!
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Zucchini
Dish: Blanks / Preservation
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Zucchini - 3 Pieces
- Onions - 3 Pieces
- Carrots - 3 Pieces
- Sweet Pepper - 3 Pieces
- Tomatoes - 4-5 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 120 Milliliters
- Sugar - 1-2 tbsp. spoons (no slide)
- Salt - 1 tbsp. spoon (no slide)
- Table vinegar 9% - 3 tbsp. spoons
How to cook "Zucchini caviar in the oven for the winter"
1. Prepare the vegetables, let's get started!
2. Wash the courgettes, trim the tails, cut into 4 pieces lengthwise. Peel the carrots, cut into 4 pieces lengthwise, like zucchini. Wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds, rinse the inside and cut into 4 pieces. Grease a deep baking sheet with vegetable oil, put the vegetables randomly, I usually put on the bottom of the zucchini, then carrots, pepper on top.
3. Next, peeled onions in quarters, a couple of garlic cloves (this is optional, for flavor), quarters of tomatoes. Pour oil over the vegetables and put them in a hot oven for 1 hour, temperature 180-200 degrees.
4. The vegetables are ready. If something is burnt somewhere, then cut it off so that the black pieces do not get into the caviar.
5. Fold the entire contents of the baking sheet into a saucepan, purée the vegetable mass with an immersion blender until smooth.
6. Now add salt, sugar, vinegar to the caviar. Stir, place on the stove and bring to a boil.
7. Place in sterile jars, roll up. Turn upside down until it cools completely. After that, you can put the caviar in a pantry or storage cellar. It turned out 2 jars of 0.5 liters.
8. Bon appetit!