The appetizer is very budgetary, but also very tasty! And, nevertheless, if you want to make a more refined version, then feel free to replace the herring with salted red fish and decorate it with a lemon wedge, and prepare the cream base from cream cheese with the addition of herbs.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table / Buffet
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Vegetables / Beets / Herring
Dish: Snacks / Salty
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Bread - 8 Slices
- Herring - 100 Grams
- Beets - 300 grams (boiled)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt - To taste
- Greens - To taste
How to cook "Vodka Snack"
1. Cut out circles from slices of bread with a glass.
2. Fry on both sides with the addition of oil. Place on a paper towel.
3. Boil the beets, peel and grate.
4. Season with salt, add chopped garlic and mayonnaise. Stir.
5. Place the beet mass on the loaves.
6. Place a piece of herring on top.
7. And onion ring.
8. Bon appetit!