This dish is quite simple, although it takes about 3 hours to cook. If you want to speed up the process, the pork can be cut into small portions. In addition to oranges, you can add any vegetables you like. The sauce turns out to be incredibly rich and goes wonderfully with any side dish. It is best to take beef broth, but vegetable broth is also suitable.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Pork / Fruit / Orange
Dish: Hot dishes
- Pork - 1.5 Kilograms (approximately)
- Salt - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Pepper - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Paprika - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Ground Cloves - 1 Pinch
- Orange - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Celery stalk - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 4-5 Cloves
- Broth - 2.5-3 Glasses
- Spice for aroma - To taste (rosemary, cardamom, bay leaf)
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Pork stew with oranges"
1. In a small bowl, combine spices - salt, pepper, paprika, cloves and mix.
2. Wash the pork, pat dry with a paper towel and rub with the spice mixture on all sides.
3. Heat a little oil in a saucepan or heavy-bottomed saucepan. Put the meat and fry on high heat on all sides.
4. Meanwhile, wash and slice the orange, chop the onion, garlic and celery.
5. Reduce heat, remove meat for now, and put vegetables and oranges in a saucepan. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Add spices for flavor.
6. Place the pork back. Gently spread the chopped garlic over the top.
7. Pour in the broth, cover and leave to simmer over low heat for 1.5-2 hours (depending on the size of the piece) until tender.