I cook pumpkin puree without salt and sugar, so that later I can use it in various recipes. This puree keeps well in the refrigerator. Density can be adjusted with broth or milk, add salt, sugar or butter. This blank is useful as a filling in buns or pies, as an addition to bread or pancakes, as a component of soup or mashed potatoes, for example, it is very tasty with potatoes.
Purpose: For children / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Pumpkin
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Frozen pumpkin - 500 Grams
- Water - 300 Milliliters
How to make Frozen Pumpkin Puree
1. Prepare the necessary foods: water and pumpkin. You do not need to defrost the pumpkin.
2. Bring water to a boil, add pumpkin and cook until tender. By the time it is about 20-25 minutes. Readiness can be checked with a fork, if it comes in easily - ready.
3. During boiling, the water will boil off by half, this is normal. Drain off the remaining water.
4. Puree the pumpkin itself with a hand blender. Use pumpkin broth to adjust the desired density of the puree. I didn't add any liquid at all.
5. Put the finished puree in sterile jars and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days under the lids.
6. Use as directed: in pancakes, rolls, breads, pancakes, etc.