I present to your attention an easy way to cook classic marinade stewed fish. You can use any white fish, but it is advisable to take only fillets. You can serve the dish with any side dish. By the way, this fish is delicious not only hot, but also cold.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood
Dish: Hot dishes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Fish fillet - 450 Grams
- Onion - 2 Pieces
- Carrots - 2 Pieces
- Garlic - 3-4 Cloves
- Tomatoes - 1-2 Pieces
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 5 Tbsp. spoons
- Flour - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Vinegar - 1 Tbsp. spoon (wine or apple)
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
How to cook "Classic marinated fish"
1. Wash the fish, dry it, cut into small pieces. Sift flour into a deep bowl, add spices and salt.
2. Roll each piece of fish in flour on all sides.
3. Place in a skillet with heated oil and fry for literally 3 minutes on each side.
4. While the fish is grilling, peel and chop the vegetables.
5. Remove fish from heat and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pan, if necessary, and place the vegetables. Add salt and sugar. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add tomato paste, vinegar and optional spices or dried herbs.
7. Pour in hot water (about 1-1.5 cups), bring to a boil and let the marinade boil for 5-7 minutes.
8. Add the fish and simmer for another 10 minutes until the fish is fully cooked and soaked in the marinade flavors. Enjoy your meal!