If you do not have a cauldron, and it is in it that this dish is traditionally made, take a saucepan with a thick bottom. I will tell you how to cook Uzbek pilaf at home, and you will probably be able to reproduce the recipe the first time. Baked garlic is great for serving, but you can add it directly to pilaf in the process if you like.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Lamb / Cereals / Rice
Dish: Hot dishes / Pilaf
Cuisine geography: Uzbek / Eastern
- Rice - 2 Glasses
- Onion - 2 Pieces (large)
- Carrots - 4-5 Pieces
- Lamb - 400 Grams (+ 100 grams of lamb fat)
- Head of garlic - 1 Piece
- Salt and Spices - To taste
How to cook "Uzbek pilaf"
1. Wash the garlic, dry it and cut off the base. Wrap it in foil and send it to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for an hour.
2. Wash the meat, dry and cut into medium pieces. Peel and chop the onion, grate the carrots.
3. Put the fat in a cauldron or other dish with a thick bottom and fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
4. Remove the fat and send the meat there.
5. Fry it on all sides until golden brown. Carefully remove the meat with a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
6. Fry the onion until lightly browned.
7. Add the carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Add spices to taste. I like the pepper, coriander and caraway varieties.
9. Return the meat to the pan and stir gently.
10. Add rice.
11. Gently pour in 4 glasses of hot water or broth, after dissolving the salt in it. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer until cooked.
12. Remove the pilaf from the heat and leave it covered for another half hour. Add baked garlic before serving. Enjoy your meal!