So, here's how to make Soy Sauce Glazed Chicken. First you need to marinate the chicken in natural yogurt (no additives) with paprika and pepper, salt. My marinade almost absorbed into the chicken in 2 hours. Then bake the chicken with or without potatoes, after the allotted time, brush it with glaze several times so that it bakes and gives the chicken a beautiful caramel shade. This recipe is also suitable for grilled chickens. Spit it, bake and grease several times at the very end. Good luck!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes / Whole dishes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Chicken - 1 Piece
- Unflavored Yogurt - 100 Milliliters (marinade)
- Ground sweet paprika - 2 tbsp. spoons (marinade)
- Hot red pepper (powder) - 2-3 Pinch (marinade)
- Ground black pepper - 2-3 Pinch (marinade)
- Salt - To taste (marinade)
- Honey - 3 tbsp. spoons (glaze)
- Soy sauce - 2 Tbsp. spoons (glaze)
- Narsharab - 2 Teaspoons (glaze)
- Lemon or lime zest - 0.5 Teaspoons (glaze)
How to make Soy Sauce Glazed Chicken
1. Thoroughly wash the chicken inside and out, remove the remnants of feathers, remove the rough yellow skin from the legs. Pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper. Mix yogurt with paprika and hot pepper, grease the chicken and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
3. Prepare the icing: combine soy sauce, narsharab, honey and stir. Add lemon or lime zest, you can put juice instead of zest. Bring the frosting to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (if the chicken is small 1.2-1.5 kg, then 160 degrees will be enough). Place the chicken on a baking sheet, add the ganir immediately and bake for 60-80 minutes. Small potatoes are best left intact, and large potatoes cut into 4 pieces into slices. You can also bandage the legs of the chicken to make it look more attractive.
5. Increase the temperature to 220 degrees, grease the chicken with icing every 5 minutes, until it becomes caramel color.
6. Chicken in soy sauce glaze is ready! Call everyone to the table and do not forget to remove the rope from the legs!