The combination of dried and fresh mushrooms with cream is a classic that will surely delight you. The base can be either vegetable or mushroom or meat broth. I do not recommend using just water, after all, with the broth, the taste of the soup will be more intense. It's lightweight, so it's perfect even for a summer menu. Remember the recipe!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Mushrooms / Dried Mushrooms
- Dried mushrooms - 60 grams
- Fresh mushrooms - 250 grams
- Butter - 6 Teaspoons
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2-3 Cloves
- Flour - 1/3 Cup
- Dry wine - 1/3 Glass
- Broth - 4 Glasses
- Cream - 1/2 Cup
- Salt and Spices - To taste (bay leaf, pepper, thyme, Provencal herbs, fresh herbs)
How to make Dried Mushroom Soup
1. Put the dried mushrooms in a deep bowl and cover with 3 glasses of very hot water. Leave for half an hour.
2. Then, using cheesecloth or coffee filter, strain the mushrooms. Save the glass of mushroom water.
3. In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and sauté chopped onion and garlic.
4. Add fresh mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Place the dried mushrooms in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pour in dry wine. After 3 minutes, add the remaining butter.
7. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and stir gently for a couple of minutes.
8. Pour in the broth and water from the mushrooms. Add salt and spices. Simmer the soup over low heat for about 20 minutes.
9. At the end, pour in the cream, heat a little and you can serve soup with dried mushrooms to the table, adding fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy your meal!