In the Czech Republic, baked goods with plums and poppy seeds are very popular. I would like to offer you a cupcake with this delicious filling. Aromatic, tasty, impossible to refuse. There is rum in the filling, if there is no alcohol in the house, then put a couple of drops of "Rum" flavoring, with ground cinnamon and lemon zest, the poppy filling will be excellent! Good luck!
Purpose: For children / For an afternoon snack / For dessert / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Plum / Dough / Yeast Dough / Poppy
Dish: Baking / Cupcakes / Sweet
Cuisine geography: Czech / European
- Fresh yeast - 20 grams (dough)
- Sugar - 40 grams (dough)
- Salt - 1 Pinch (dough)
- Milk - 120 Milliliters (dough)
- Wheat flour - 200 grams (dough)
- Wheat flour - 50 grams (dough)
- Egg - 1 Piece (dough)
- Sunflower oil - 50 Milliliters (dough)
- Milk - 150 Milliliters (filling)
- Sugar - 60 Grams (filling)
- Vanilla sugar - 20 grams (filling)
- Lemon zest - 1 Teaspoon (filling)
- Ground cinnamon - 0.5 Teaspoons (filling)
- Poppy - 200 grams (filling)
- Plum - 250-300 grams (filling)
- Rum - 2 Tbsp. spoons (or rum extract in the filling)
Number of Servings: 12
How to make Poppy and Plum Cupcake
1. Prepare the food, let's get started!
2. Heat milk for dough to 40 degrees. Divide into two bowls. In one, put most of the sugar for the dough and the egg, shake with a fork. Put a spoonful of sugar, yeast in the second bowl, dissolve. Add a spoonful or two of flour and leave warm for 20 minutes to form a frothy head.
3. Sift and mix the two flours.
4. Put a pinch of salt in the flour, the contents of two bowls, vegetable oil.
5. Knead the dough. Do not add more flour than indicated in the recipe to keep the dough soft, not tough. Cover it with a towel and put it in a warm place for 1 hour.
6. While the dough is resting and coming up, you can prepare the filling. Boil milk with zest, sugar, vanilla sugar and cinnamon.
7. Poppy must be ground in a coffee grinder.
8. Add the crushed poppy seeds, stirring for a couple of minutes to evaporate the moisture as much as possible. Add two scoops of rum or rum essence to a couple of drops.
9. Wash the plums thoroughly, cut into halves, remove the seeds. Now chop finely.
10. Meanwhile, the dough came up. Roll it thinly into a rectangle, about 30 * 40 cm in size. Spread the poppy filling over the entire surface or slightly stepping back from the edge. Spread the plums on top.
11. Roll tightly into a roll.
12. Lubricate the cake pan with vegetable or butter. Put the roll, fasten the edges, press a little with your palms. Heat for 20 minutes to proof. Bake the cake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
13. Cool the finished cake in the form. Flip onto a plate, garnish with powdered sugar.
14. Completely cooled cake can be cut and tasted! Enjoy!