Fans of vegetable salads will love the recipe on how to cook a classic Greek salad at home, no worse than in a restaurant. For the preparation of this salad, vegetables, familiar to all of us, are used - cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers. Olives and feta cheese complement the taste. If you don't find just such a cheese, you can replace it with feta cheese or any other soft cheese. The classic sauce of olive oil and lemon juice completes the taste of the dish and makes it more intense. Prepare Greek Classic Salad and delight your family with a delicious and healthy meal today!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Lettuce / Herbs
Dish: Salads / Greek Salad
Cuisine geography: Greek / European
Diet: Diet food
- Cucumber - 1 Piece
- Tomato - 2-3 Pieces
- Sweet pepper - 1/2 Piece (preferably green)
- Red onion - 1/2 Pieces
- Soft cheese - 100 grams (Ideally - FETA cheese)
- Olives - 50 Grams (Calamon or Kalamata variety (brown))
- Lemon - 1/2 Piece (You can use grape vinegar instead of lemon)
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Oregano - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
How to prepare "Classic Greek Salad"
1. Prepare all the required ingredients. Peel the onion, peel the peppers from the stalk and seeds, rinse all the vegetables.
2. Cut the cucumber into slices or halves.
3. Cut the tomatoes into small slices.
4. Cut the bell peppers into strips.
5. Chop the onion in half rings.
6. Cut the cheese into small cubes.
7. Olives can be cut into slices, or you can add to the salad whole, or cut in half.
8. Mix all prepared ingredients.
9. For the sauce, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and oregano. Mix everything well.
10. Pour the prepared sauce over the salad and stir. Classic Greek salad is ready. Serve with baked meats and other hot dishes. Enjoy your meal!