So, I'll tell you how to make Smoked Fish Pie. The first question arises, what kind of fish is needed? There are many options, take the one with the least number of bones. Of course, taste preferences are also important. I like more dietary, lean fish, so I opted for a cold smoked pollock carcass. Also for the cake you will need a shortbread thin dough - this is the base, cream and eggs are the filling. And of course, the cheese crust on top! Add herbs, salt to taste, ground black pepper. Try it!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood / Pastry / Shortcrust Pastry
Dish: Baking / Pies / Salty
- Water - 3 Art. spoons (dough)
- Flour - 180 Grams (dough)
- Butter - 85 grams (dough)
- Salt - 1-2 Pinch (dough)
- Smoked fish - 300 grams (filling)
- Cherry tomatoes or cream mini - 7-8 Pieces (filling)
- Dill - 1 Bunch (filling)
- Egg - 3 Pieces (filling)
- Cream - 150 Milliliters (filling)
- Hard cheese - 50 grams (filling)
- Garlic - 1 Clove (filling)
How to make Smoked Fish Pie
1. Prepare the food, let's get started!
2. Combine cold butter with flour and a pinch of salt. This can be done using a food processor or simply rubbing with your hands until flour crumbs are formed. Pour in ice water (3 tablespoons) and knead the dough.
3. The dough is dense, does not stick to hands. Leave it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough on a table, 3 mm thick. On a rolling pin, transfer it to the mold, lay it down, cut off the excess. Make punctures with a fork, put in a hot oven for 10-12 minutes, temperature 200 degrees.
5. In the meantime, sort the smoked fish into fillets, remove the skin, remove the bones, the ridge. Break with your hands or cut into small pieces. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
6. Combine the cream with eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, mix well with a fork.
7. Assemble the pie: put the fish pieces on the dough, put the tomato halves on top.
8. Pour the creamy egg mixture over the cake.
9. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and add finely chopped dill to it. Crush the pie with cheese. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees, put the pie in it for 30 minutes.
10. The smoked fish pie is ready. Cool it in the mold, remove and cut.