I will show you how to cook salmon fish soup with barley. However, you can use any other cereal - rice or millet, for example. The head, tail, ridges are perfect for broth. But to have more fish in the soup, you can add a small steak. The spices in this case are classic - allspice and bay leaf.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood / Salmon
Dish: Soups / Ear
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Salmon for broth - To taste (head, fillet, belly)
- Potatoes - 2-3 Pieces
- Onion - 2 Pieces
- Carrots - 2-3 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Pearl barley - 1/2 Cup
- Salt and Spices - To taste
How to cook "Salmon soup"
1. These are the ingredients we will use.
2. Wash the fish, put in a saucepan and cover with water. Add the onion and heat. After boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45-50 minutes.
3. In the meantime, you can peel and grind vegetables.
4. Rinse the groats several times, cover with warm water and leave for 20 minutes.
5. Put the vegetables in a skillet and fry until soft. Strain the finished broth and put it back on the fire. Place potatoes and cereals there. Salt to taste, add spices, cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
6. Then add onion with carrots and fish, having previously separated from the bones. Cook for 10-15 minutes, then remove from heat and let it brew for about 20 minutes more. You can add fresh herbs before serving. Enjoy your meal!