The pancakes are fragrant, they do not contain a single gram of ordinary wheat flour, only whole grain. You can use instant oatmeal or regular oatmeal. Serve ready-made pancakes immediately after frying, it is possible with fruits, berries, honey or sour cream.
Appointment: For breakfast / For children / For breakfast / For afternoon tea
Main Ingredient: Dairy / Kefir / Flour / Whole Grain Flour
Dish: Baking / Pancakes / Sweet
- Oats - 3/4 Cup
- Kefir - 380 Milliliters
- Whole Grain Flour - 3/4 Cup
- Baking powder - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Soda - 3/4 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg - 1 Pinch
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Butter - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp the spoon
- Vegetable oil - To taste (for cooking)
How to make Oatmeal and Whole Grain Fritters
1. Grind the oats a little in a food processor.
2. Mix with kefir and set aside, if instant oats, then 10 minutes will be enough, if ordinary, then 30 minutes are needed.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to taste.
4. In a separate bowl, melt the butter, add the egg and brown sugar, and beat.
5. Add the kefir mixture to the eggs and stir.
6. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and stir to form a liquid batter.
7. Grease a skillet with vegetable oil and heat. Spoon about ¼ cup of dough at a time and cook over medium heat until the dough is slightly dry around the edges.
8. Turn the pancake over and cook on the other side.
9. Serve immediately after cooking. Enjoy your meal!