If you don't have all the spices you need, don't be upset. Put in the ones you have and adjust the spiciness of the soup to your liking. It is convenient to use a slow cooker to cook broth.
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Meat / Beef / Mushrooms / Oyster mushrooms / Funchoza
Dish: Soups / Spicy
Cuisine geography: Vietnamese / Asian
- Beef - 700 Grams (500 g of brisket on the bone and 200 g of pulp)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Green onion - 1/2 Bunch
- Radish - 1 Piece (green or daikon)
- Fresh cucumber - 1 Piece
- Celery stalk - 1 Piece (fleshy stalk)
- Sweet pepper - 1 Piece
- Hot pepper - 1 Piece (to taste)
- Mushrooms - 150 grams (oyster mushrooms)
- Rice noodles - 100 grams (or funcheza)
- Fresh Ginger - 7-8 Slices
- Pepper Paste - To taste
- Soy Sauce - 150 Milliliters
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Peppercorn Mix - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cloves - 2 Pieces
- Star anise - 1/2 Pieces (half an asterisk)
- Spice Blend - 1 Teaspoon (if available, fenugreek and Sichuan peppercorns)
- Oyster sauce - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
How to make Pho Bo-inspired Meat Soup
Put the broth to boil. Pour the washed lean brisket with 3 liters of cold water. Add the onion, well washed, along with the husk by cutting it in half. Add thinly chopped celery stalk and 7-8 thin slices of ginger. Place the peppercorn mixture, half an anise star and a clove. Add Sichuan pepper, fenugreek and hot pepper. Pour in soy sauce - 100 ml. Cook at 95 degrees for 2.5 - 3 hours. I cook such a broth in a slow cooker in the evening - it's very convenient. I leave it to insist overnight.
Strain the finished broth thoroughly through a napkin into a saucepan. Further, it is more convenient to cook the soup on the stove. Cut the boiled brisket into wide slices, removing the bones.
While the broth is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop vegetables into thin strips. Slice the mushrooms.
Chop the beef flesh very thinly. It is more convenient to do this with frozen meat.
Boil rice noodles. Rinse with cold water and discard in a colander.
Arrange the cooked beef slices, noodles in deep bowls, top with a fresh cucumber straw and chopped green onions. Add hot pepper paste to taste.
Bring the broth to a boil and lower the chopped mushrooms. Once boiling, add daikon, celery, chili rings and bell peppers. Cook for one minute.
Lower the beef. Let it boil well and turn off the heat. Add the rest of the soy sauce, a scoop of oyster sauce, and sesame oil to the soup.
Stir the soup well and pour over the vegetable and noodles in bowls. Serve immediately.