I cook all the ingredients in one pan. First, you should fry the meat until golden brown, and then cook the pasta right there. At the very end, combine all the ingredients and simmer. Serve hot. Use drumsticks, hams, or chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Pasta / Chicken Thighs
Dish: Hot dishes
- Chicken Thighs - 1.2-1.5 Kilograms
- Olive Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Butter - 1 Teaspoon
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Orzo - 2 Glasses
- Chicken Broth - 2.5 Glasses
- Canned Tomatoes - 3/4 Cup (fresh)
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Greens - To taste
How to cook Chicken Thighs with Orzo
1. Wash the meat, salt. Melt the butter in a skillet, pour in the olive and lay out the chicken thighs.
2. Fry on all sides until golden brown. Transfer the meat to a plate and return the pan to the heat.
3. Transfer the pasta to the pan and stir.
4. Add chopped onions and garlic.
5. Place the meat on top of the pasta, skin side up.
6. In a bowl, combine chopped canned tomatoes, broth, ground pepper and salt, pour the contents of the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Then cover and simmer until the pasta is completely absorbed by the liquid (10-15 minutes).
7. Remove the finished dish from heat and leave for 5-10 minutes, garnish with chopped herbs before serving. Enjoy your meal!