Puff pastries with aromatic green onions and crispy crust will become a worthy substitute for bread even on the festive table - everyone will like this dish. I advise you to fry them in vegetable oil, but if necessary, you can also fry them in a dry frying pan - then they will turn out to be less flaky and less golden. You can add not only Provencal, but also Italian herbs or a mixture of basil, oregano and marjoram to the dough.
Purpose: For lunch / For afternoon tea / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Onions / Flour / Green Onions
Dish: Baking / Flatbread
Cuisine geography: Chinese / Asian
- Flour - 250 Grams
- Olive Oil - 50 Grams
- Boiling water - 150 grams
- Salt - To taste
- Provencal Herbs - To taste
- Green Onions - 1 Bunch
- Vegetable oil - 50-100 Milliliters (for frying)
Number of Servings: 7
How to make "Chinese Onion Cakes"
1. Finely chop the onion. Mix the sifted flour with salt, olive oil and Provencal herbs. Add boiling water in small portions, stir with a spatula, and then knead on the table.
2. Wrap the dough in foil and leave for 30 minutes at room temperature. Roll out the dough into a thin layer (2-3 mm). Sprinkle the dough with olive oil, spread the green onions over it and roll into a roll.
3. Cut the roll into 12 pieces, pinch the sides and shape into balls. Roll each ball into a thin cake again.
4. Fry the tortillas in heated vegetable oil on both sides until golden brown. Enjoy your meal!