Under such a salt crust, it is quite possible to bake any meat, as well as any fish. Herbs and condiments can be chosen according to your taste.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Lamb
Dish: Hot dishes / Whole dishes
- Lamb - 1.5 Grams
- Salt - 2 Kilograms
- Adjika dry - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Chicken Egg - 3 Pieces
- Mint - 3 Pieces
- Thyme - 1 Teaspoon
- Barberry - 2 Pieces
- Grape leaf - 5 pieces
- Tomatoes - 4 Pieces (For serving)
- Greens - 1 Bunch (For serving)
How to cook "Lamb shoulder in a salt crust"
1. Wash the meat, put on grape leaves and sprinkle with adjika.
2. Place thyme, barberry and mint over the meat.
3. Mix eggs with salt and stir well until smooth.
4. Place the salt mass on top of the meat tightly.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 210 degrees for about 1.5 hours. Then simply break up the salt crust and remove any leftovers from the meat.
6. Chop the meat and serve with vegetables, herbs and potatoes. Enjoy your meal!