It is important to make the correct consistency of the dough, otherwise the cake will not work (it will crumble or vice versa, it will be too viscous). Ready-made tortillas are used to make chips by cutting them into pieces and sending them to the oven, as well as for numerous other snacks. So let's get started!
Appointment: For breakfast / For lunch / For dinner / For nature / For afternoon tea
Main Ingredient: Flour / Corn Flour
Dish: Baking / Flatbread
Cuisine geography: Mexican
- Powdered Corn Flour - 2 Cups
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Warm water - 1 ¼ Glasses
Number of Servings: 16
How to make "Cornflour Tortilla"
1. Pour flour and salt into a bowl, stir and pour in warm water.
2. Knead the dough with your hands. Initially, you will get a crumbly mass, so knead for about 2 minutes.
3. Form the dough into a ball, it should turn out smooth. Wrap the dough with cling film and leave for 1 hour.
4. Divide the dough into 16 equal parts, cover with a damp towel.
5. Wrap a plate with cling film, then take out 1 ball and press it down with a plate.
6. Form a smooth tortilla and repeat the process with the rest of the balls.
7. Preheat the skillet and add the tortilla.
8. Press the tortilla with a napkin against the heated surface of the pan and fry for 1 minute.
9. Flip the tortilla over and fry until tender.
10. Place the tortillas in a pot with a towel to keep them warm. Enjoy!