Tortilla is used daily in Mexican cuisine: it is served with sauces and is also eaten instead of bread. It can be made with wheat or corn flour. It can be eaten straight out of the pan or after cooling down. The tortillas keep well in the plastic bag.
Main Ingredient: Dough / Flour / Lean Dough / Whole Grain Flour / Wheat Flour
Cuisine geography: Mexican
- Whole Grain Flour - 1 Cup
- Wheat flour - 1 Glass
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Vegetable oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Water - 3/4 Cup
Number of Servings: 12
How to make Wheat Flour Tortilla
1. Mix whole wheat flour with wheat flour in a bowl, add salt, baking powder.
2. Add vegetable oil to a glass of warm water and pour into the flour mixture, stir well.
3. Knead the dough and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
5. Roll each part of the dough into a ball and leave for another 10 minutes.
6. Roll each ball thinly with a rolling pin, cut off the edges.
7. Preheat a frying pan and place the tortilla on it, fry on both sides until bubbles appear.
8. Transfer the prepared tortillas to a container or bag and store in the refrigerator for about 10 days.