Just want to draw your attention to the fact that the original recipe uses Pilsner, but you can take any beer you like. In this case, the broth can be vegetable, chicken, and if there is no ready-made stock at hand, feel free to replace it with plain water. Such meatballs will definitely not leave you indifferent:)
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Turkey
Dish: Hot dishes / Meatballs
Cuisine geography: European
- Rice - 1/2 Cup
- Turkey Breast - 800 Grams
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Breadcrumbs - 1.5 Cups (1 for breading, 0.5 for minced meat)
- Vegetable oil - 6 Tbsp. spoons
- Beer - 2/3 Glass
- Broth - 1.5 Glasses
- Greens - 1 Bunch (parsley, basil, cilantro, dill)
- Salt and Spices - To taste
- Onion - 1-2 Pieces
How to cook "Meatballs stewed with beer"
1. Boil rice in salted water until almost cooked. Cool slightly.
2. Wash the breast, dry it and pass it through a meat grinder. Combine with rice, half a glass of bread crumbs, eggs. Season with salt and spices to taste. Mix everything well.
3. Form small patties with wet hands, roll them on all sides in breadcrumbs.
4. Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Put the meatballs and fry over high heat until golden brown.
5. In a separate skillet, fry the chopped onion in oil. Pour in the broth and beer, add some spices and salt, bring to a boil and put the meatballs there. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Put chopped greens into the pan a couple of minutes before cooking.
6. These are the meatballs stewed with beer. Enjoy your meal!