An easy-to-prepare puff pastry pie can serve as a dinner, as well as a snack. Chicken pie is good both hot and cold.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Dough / Chicken Breast
Dish: Baking / Pies
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Butter - 250 grams
- Wheat flour - 1/2 Cup
- Chicken broth - 2 Glasses
- Milk - 1 Glass
- Chicken Breasts - 2 Pieces
- Nutmeg - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Celery - 1 Bunch
- Green peas - 200 Grams
- Parsley - 1 Bunch
- Puff pastry - 1 Kilogram
How to make Simple Chicken Pie
1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt half the butter. Add flour and stir the dough for 1 minute. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
2. Pour the chicken broth into the dough and beat until smooth. Add milk, stirring thoroughly, bring to a boil and dissolve the lumps over medium heat.
3. Cut the smoked breasts into medium cubes.
4. Put the chicken into the dough. Add lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a skillet, melt some butter and sauté chopped onions, celery and carrots until tender.
6. Pour the whole mixture into the baking dish, which already includes the cooled cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with peas and chopped parsley on top.
7. Brush the puff pastry with an egg, covering the pie. Bake the pie for half an hour at 250 degrees. Enjoy your meal!