How to make a rhubarb and apple pie? Let's choose the simplest version of this sweet pastry. The base is a thin crumbly shortcrust pastry, the filling is small pieces of rhubarb and apples.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Dough / Shortcrust pastry
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 250 Grams
- Butter - 125 Grams
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Sugar - 4 Tbsp. spoons (3 tablespoons - for the filling, 1 tablespoon - for the dough)
- Vanillin - 1 Pinch
- Rhubarb - 100 Grams
- Apples - 5 Pieces
- Cinnamon - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Powdered sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
How to make Rhubarb and Apple Pie
1. Prepare the required foods. Wash apples and rhubarb.
2. Cut cold butter into cubes, combine with flour, salt, sugar, vanilla and egg. Knead the dough quickly, gather it into a ball. Wrap the finished dough in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
3. Peel the rhubarb and apples, cut into cubes. Put in a saucepan, cover with 3 tablespoons of sugar, add cinnamon, stir.
4. Divide the dough into two parts, one should be slightly larger. Roll out most of the dough and lay out in shape. Stick with a fork.
5. Top with the rhubarb and apple filling.
6. Roll out a smaller portion of the dough and cut into strips. Make a grate for the top of the pie. Bake the rhubarb and apple pie in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the finished cake with icing sugar. Enjoy your meal!