This pizza will become a hearty dish that will undoubtedly appeal to all kids! My youngest son said that this pizza combined three of his favorite dishes - pizza, hot dog and lasagna. And he almost guessed right, except for the hot and spicy chili in the filling.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Pizza
Cuisine geography: American
- Wheat flour / grade - 300 Grams (Dough: all products below)
- Water - 130 Milliliters
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dry yeast - 1 teaspoon (no slide)
- Minced Beef - 300 Grams (Chile: All Products Below)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Sweet pepper - 1 Piece
- Hungarian pepper medium hot - 1/2 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Pureed tomatoes - 250 Milliliters
- Spice mixture - 1 tbsp. spoon (mexican)
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Sausages - 6 Pieces (Filling: all products below)
- Processed cheese - 12 pieces (in slices)
- Grated cheese - 1.5 cups (mixture of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan)
- Oregano - 1 Pinch
How to cook "Chili Dog Pizza"
Start by making the dough. Sift flour into a deep bowl, mix with salt and yeast, add olive oil and warm water.
Knead a firm dough and place under the plastic wrap in a warm place to rise, about 1 hour.
Let's go for the chili sauce. Punch vegetables with a blender in pulse mode into coarse crumbs.
Sauté vegetables in oil in a deep saucepan until softened. Add minced meat and fry until crisp, stirring constantly.
Pour in the mashed tomatoes and simmer over medium heat until the excess liquid evaporates. Add spices, salt to taste and mix well. Simmer for a couple more minutes and remove from heat. Cool it down.
Pound the dough that has come up and roll it into a circle, with a diameter larger than the form in which you will bake the pizza. Place sausages around the edge, cutting them into 2 parts and wrapping each piece in a slice of melted cheese. Wrap the sausages with the free edge of the dough, forming a closed rim.
Place the chili in the middle.
Brush the edges of the pizza with an egg, sprinkle the middle with grated cheese and oregano.
Bake the pizza in an oven preheated to 230 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese melts. Serve pizza right away - hot, hot!