So take a look at my recipe, I'll show you how to make corn dogs! This popular street food is loved by everyone, especially delicious with ketchup or mustard. There is even a holiday in his honor, Americans celebrate National Corn Dog Day on the first Saturday in March of every year! Let's cook?
Purpose: Outdoors / For children / Afternoon tea / Quickly
Main Ingredient: Meat / Offal / Sausages
Dish: Snacks / Dough dishes
Cuisine geography: American
- Cornmeal - 1 Glass
- Wheat flour - 1 Glass (+ 1 tbsp. L.)
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Salt - 0.25 Teaspoons
- Baking powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Milk - 1 Glass
- Sausages - 10-12 Pieces
- Refined oil - To taste (for frying)
Number of Servings: 10-12
How to cook "Corn Dogs"
1. Prepare food. Remove the casings from the sausages. Let's get started! I'll write a clarification right away, the volume of my glass is 200 ml, it contains 150 g of flour. It took about 180 ml of milk.
2. Combine sifted corn flour, wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a dry bowl. Stir.
3. Beat in one large egg and add some of the milk. Start kneading the dough. Pour in the remaining milk as needed. But, the dough should be thick, thicker than on pancakes, so do not rush to pour in all the milk at once, you may need a little less.
4. Leave the finished dough for 5-10 minutes.
5. String sausages and roll in flour.
6. The dough can be poured into a tall glass, but it is more convenient for me to "dress" sausages in a deep bowl. Place the sausage in the dough, twist, lift. The dough should not drain, it should sit well on the sausage.
7. A deep fryer or a tall mug is ideal for frying corn dogs, but if nothing like that, then a frying pan will do. Heat the oil well, add the corn dogs and fry, turning over with the spatulas, until golden brown.
8. Place the corn dogs on paper towels, let the excess fat drain off. Serve hot with your favorite sauces.