Chickpeas are rich in vegetable protein and have a wonderful nutty flavor. Falafel is very popular in the Middle East and, along with hummus and shawarma, is the main street food. Prepare it yourself at home, especially since there is nothing complicated about it.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Chickpeas
Dish: Snacks / Burgers
Cuisine geography: American
- Chickpeas - 1 Cup (Falafel: All Products Below)
- Onions - 1/2 Pieces (medium size)
- Garlic - 4 Cloves
- Parsley - 1/2 Bunch
- Fresh cilantro - 1/2 Bunch
- Takhina - 2 Art. spoons
- Wheat flour / grade - 2 Art. spoons
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Zira - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Cardamom - 1/3 Teaspoon
- Curry Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Chili Pepper - To taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons (for frying)
- Natural yoghurt - 4 tbsp. spoons (Sauce: all products below)
- Takhina - 1 Art. the spoon
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Grain mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Burger Buns - 3 Pieces
How to make a Falafel Burger
Soak the chickpeas in cold water for 10 hours. In the summer, it is best to do this in the refrigerator.
Rinse the chickpeas and transfer to a blender bowl. Pulse into the crumb along with the onions, garlic and herbs. Add freshly crushed spices, salt, tahini and punch again. Add flour and baking powder, stir.
Form round patties with wet hands.
Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Place on wipes to remove excess oil.
For the sauce, combine all ingredients. Strict vegetarians can simply mix tahina with lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard. Rinse and dry the salad. Thinly chop the onion, hot peppers, tomatoes and pickles. I took lightly salted - they fit perfectly. Cut the buns in half and grill them without oil on the cut side. Collect the burgers by greasing the buns liberally with sauce and adding vegetables to taste.
Serve immediately, keeping the buns dry and the falafel cool. Enjoy your meal!