Here is a step-by-step recipe for making Mexican lentil soup with poblano (ancho) pepper. There are a minimum of ingredients, the process is simple, and the result will surely please you:) To all fans of trying something new, I recommend repeating the recipe at home.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Lentils
Dish: Soups / Spicy
Cuisine geography: Mexican
- Poblano - 1 Piece
- Jalapeno - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Lentils - 1.5 Glasses
- Cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Water or Broth - 4-4.5 Glasses
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to make Mexican Lentil Soup
1. Here is our set of ingredients. Peel the poblano from seeds, put on foil and place in the oven for a couple of minutes. Grind afterwards. We need about 2 spoons.
2. Soak lentils in cold water for 10 minutes. Then rinse and discard in a colander.
3. Peel the onion, chop it, put it in a saucepan with heated oil. Send the garlic and chopped jalapenos there to taste.
4. Add some poblano and some cumin.
5. Add lentils, broth or water.
6. Cook for 25-30 minutes until lentils are soft. Enjoy your meal!