This soup belongs to the national Uzbek cuisine, so I recommend that you follow the recipe and recommendations for cooking exactly. Then you will get a real - delicious and rich - Uzbek soup!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Lamb
Cuisine geography: Uzbek / Eastern
- Lamb - 500 Grams
- Millet - 100 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Potatoes - 2 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. spoons
- Ground coriander - To taste
- Ground Zira - To taste
- Tomato - 2 Pieces
- Salt - To taste
- Chili Pepper - To taste
How to cook "Osh Juice Millet Soup"
1. Slightly fry the millet in a pan. It should smell like seeds and be golden. Refrigerate, then rinse.
2. Cut the meat into pieces, cut half the onion into cubes.
3. Cook the onions and meat together for about 7 minutes. Then remove from the pan.
4. Peel and cut the carrots into cubes, the remaining onions into cubes.
5. Fry the onions and carrots until golden brown.
6. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
7. Add to saucepan and cook everything for about 10 minutes.
8. Peel and dice the potatoes and add to the pot.
9. Pour 2 liters into a saucepan. boiling water, add millet and previously fried meat with onions. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
10. Serve with green onions. Enjoy your meal!