You can increase or decrease the amount of hot peppers to your liking. Otherwise, all ingredients are perfectly selected and balanced. I recommend to follow the recipe exactly!
Purpose: Inexpensive / Summer
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Onions
Dish: Blanks / Jam / Preservation / Spicy
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Red onion - 1400 Grams
- Chili Pepper - 4 Pieces
- Vegetable oil - 50 Milliliters
- Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 2 Pinches
- Thyme - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground cloves - 1 Pinch
- Red wine - 150 Milliliters
- Quittin - 1 Art. the spoon
- Sugar - 250 Grams
How to make "Chili and Onion Jam"
1. Peel the onion and cut into not very thin quarters - rings.
2. Chop the chili finely.
3. Put onion and pepper in the heated oil with spices, fry for 10 minutes.
4. Add wine, sugar, cloves. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat until the liquid evaporates, about 30 minutes.
5. Add quittin, stir and heat for 5 minutes. Divide into jars. No sterilization required.
6. Bon appetit!