Try one of the finest northern dishes - a tender broth with salmon, vegetables and cream. Preparing this dish is extremely simple and quick! In just half an hour, steaming plates of amazingly aromatic fish soup will appear on your table.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Salmon
Dish: Soups / Chowders
Cuisine geography: European
- Salmon - 500 Grams
- Potatoes - 2-3 Pieces
- Leek - 1 Piece
- Celery - 2 Pieces
- Garlic - 4 Pieces
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Bay leaf - 1 piece
- Dried Parsley - 1 Teaspoon
- Dried dill - 1 Teaspoon
- Broth - 1 Liter
- Fat cream - 100 grams
- Cream cheese - 70-100 grams
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Butter - 50 Grams
How to make Salmon Chowder
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped leeks, chopped garlic and celery, sauté them for 3-4 minutes. Add parsley, dill, bay leaf, salt, pepper, tomato paste and diced potatoes.
2. Pour the stock into a pot of vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook soup until potatoes are tender. Then mash with a blender.
3. Cut the salmon into cubes and place in a saucepan. Pour in the cream and add the cream cheese.
4. Season the chowder with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh herbs.
5. Bring to a boil and serve. Enjoy your meal!