The beef is juicy and delicious! Such a dish looks great on a festive table as a hot dish or a hot / cold snack. Serve Wellington beef with baked vegetables (carrots, asparagus), do not make the dish heavier with cereals or potatoes.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Beef
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Beef fillet - 450 Grams
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Fresh mushrooms - 450 grams
- Ham - 4 Slices
- Mustard - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Puff pastry - 200 Grams
- Chicken yolk - 1 Piece
How to cook Wellington Beef
1. Wash the meat, pat dry with paper towels and rub with salt and ground pepper. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the meat until golden brown on all sides.
2. Place the meat on a plate and leave to cool, then brush with mustard.
3. Wash and puree the mushrooms using a food processor. Then fry the mushrooms, add salt to taste. Put cling film on the work surface, lay thin slices of ham on it.
4. Brush the ham with mushroom paste.
5. Place the meat in the center.
6. Roll the blank into a roll. Place the meat in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
7. Defrost the dough beforehand, remove the meat from the refrigerator and remove the cling film.
8. Wrap the meat in puff pastry, try to make it in 1 layer, cut off the unnecessary dough.
9. Place the meat in the dough, seam side down, on a baking sheet and brush with yolk.
10. Make shallow cuts at the top to escape steam during cooking and prevent the dough from blowing up.
11. Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Then transfer the meat to a plate, let cool slightly (10-15 minutes), cut into slices.
12. Serve Hot Wellington Beef, Bon Appetit!