The classic truffle is a chocolate candy. This is a ball of chocolate cream dipped in chocolate icing and sprinkled with cocoa. And chocolate cream is made from chocolate, butter, milk or cream with the addition of alcohol, namely rum, cognac or liqueur. In addition, truffle recipes can also include other ingredients, including nuts, coffee, spices, dried fruit, etc.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Chocolate
Dish: Desserts / Sweets / Sweet
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Dark chocolate - 500 grams
- Cream - 230 Grams
- Cocoa powder - 3-4 Art. spoons
- Rum - 2-3 Art. spoons
- Butter - 50 Grams
Number of Servings: 12
How to make Chocolate Truffles
1. Chop the chocolate into crumbs using a sharp knife.
2. In a saucepan, combine the cream and rum and heat until almost boiling.
3. Put butter, chocolate in a large container, pour in the cream and stir quickly to completely melt the chocolate.
4. The ganache should have a smooth and uniform texture.
5. Send the ganache to the refrigerator until it solidifies. Shape into balls with an ice cream spoon. Lay out the blanks on a board covered with cling film. Send the candy to the freezer until it solidifies.
6. For a firmer candy shell, cover each ball with melted chocolate, then refrigerate again. Dip the candies in cocoa powder and help yourself!