Even a novice cook, I am sure, can easily cope with this recipe. It will take a little time to prepare the dough, especially if you use kitchen appliances, for example. It is best to put the finished dough in the refrigerator for an hour, and only then start baking the cakes. Boiled condensed milk can be added to the cream, if desired, and the cake itself can be supplemented with nuts or prunes, for example.
Purpose: At the festive table
Main Ingredient: Dough / Honey
Dish: Baking / Cakes / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 5 Glasses
- Sugar - 1 Glass
- Milk - 2 Glasses
- Egg - 6 Pieces (3-in dough, 3-in cream)
- Butter - 200 grams (100-in dough, 100-cream)
- Honey - 3 Teaspoons
- Soda - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Cornstarch - 2 Teaspoons
- Boiled condensed milk - 400 grams (optional)
How to make a Classic Honey cake
1. To prepare the dough, combine butter, sugar and honey in a small saucepan, put on fire. Beat eggs separately. Once the butter has melted, add the eggs and beat constantly to prevent curdling. After a minute, remove from heat, add baking soda and sifted flour, knead a dense elastic dough.
2. Knead the dough with your hands for 2-3 minutes and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave a little "rest".
3. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal pieces.
4. Roll out the dough thinly on a workbench, cut an even circle. Put the crust and trimmings on a baking sheet, send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees.
5. To prepare the cream in a small bowl, combine half a glass of milk and 3 eggs, add the starch and whisk. Heat the rest of the milk and pour it into the egg-milk mixture in a thin stream. Mix thoroughly, put on fire and boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add honey, sugar or condensed milk to taste. Cool the finished cream.
6. Put the cakes on a plate.
7. And coat with cream.
8. Grind the cuttings into crumbs. Grease the entire surface of the cake with the remains of the cream and sprinkle with crumbs. Leave the cake to infuse for 6-8 hours. Enjoy your tea!