Lavender gives baked goods an incredible flavor, but you can do without it. The pie is delicious with a delicate cream filling. Instead of lavender, you can add citrus zest and juice. Make sure to cool the pie before serving.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main ingredient: Dough / Shortcrust pastry / Honey
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 1-1.5 Cups
- Salt - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Sugar - 1.5 Art. spoons
- Butter - 175 Grams (115 grams - dough, 60 grams - filling)
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp spoons
- Cold water - 0.5 cups
- Honey - 1 Glass
- Lavender Seeds - 2 Tbsp spoons
- Eggs - 4 Pieces
- Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 0.5 Teaspoons
How to cook "Honey cake"
1. Sift a glass of flour into a bowl, add cubes of butter and crush into sand crumbs, add a little flour if necessary. Combine ice water with vinegar and sugar, pour into sand crumbs and mix. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for several hours.
2. Roll the chilled dough into a circle the size of the baking dish.
3. Place the dough in a baking dish, forming high sides.
4. Make punctures all over the layer with a fork, then the dough will not swell when baking.
5. Pour beans, lentils or peas into a mold and send them to an oven preheated to 200-220 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Saute the lavender seeds in a hot skillet for 5 minutes. Sift the seeds through a fine sieve. In a separate bowl, combine eggs with honey, vanilla extract, lavender and nutmeg, add soft butter and whisk.
7. Fill the previously baked base of the pie with the filling, send to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 35 minutes.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes. Done, have a nice tea!