It's important to cook the chickpeas properly, and then be sure to use a blender to grind them into a smooth, lump-free paste. Hummus can be kept in the refrigerator for several days, but be sure to cover it with plastic wrap.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Chickpeas
Dish: Snacks / Hummus
Cuisine geography: Eastern
Diet: PP recipes
- Chickpeas (dried) - 200 Grams
- Water - 8 Glasses
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Tahini - 1/3 Glass
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Parsley - To taste
- Sumac - 1 Pinch
How to make "Real Hummus"
1. Put the chickpeas in a sieve or in a colander, rinse it under running water.
2. Put the chickpeas in a pressure cooker, pour over them with water, add the whole onion and 1 clove of garlic. Set the valve to the “Closed” position and cook on the “Boil” mode for 1 hour.
3. After a while, carefully open the lid and fold the chickpeas onto a sieve, save the liquid. Leave the chickpeas and liquid to cool.
4. Put boiled chickpeas in a blender, 0.5 cups of liquid in which it was cooked, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic. Whisk on low speed, then increase until smooth.
5. Serve the appetizer right away, garnish with olive oil, chopped parsley and add the sumac.