A simple, but very tasty and effective cake! You can decorate it at your discretion, for example, with chocolate, coconut flakes, several types of cream. The base biscuits can be made white or coffee (adding cocoa to the dough), as well as combined.
Appointment: For children / For an afternoon snack / For dessert / For a banquet table / Birthday
Main ingredient: Dough
Dish: Baking / Cakes / Sweet
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Granulated Sugar - 3.5 Glasses
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Eggs - 6 Pieces
- Sour cream - 0.6 Liter
- Cocoa powder - 6 tbsp. spoons
- Butter - 300 Grams
- Soda - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Vanilla Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
How to make "Cake" Turtle "simple"
1. Separate the whites from the yolks, send the first to the cold.
2. Add a glass of granulated sugar to a bowl to the chicken yolks, beat at medium speed (if using a mixer) or with a hand whisk.
3. Whisk well-chilled chicken proteins with a pinch of salt, and then add a glass of granulated sugar in portions and beat until strong peaks.
4. Combine whites with yolks, beat on low speed and add flour, then baking powder and soda, previously slaked with vinegar. Mix until smooth.
5. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag to deposit.
6. Grease a baking sheet with oil or cover with parchment, deposit small portions of dough in the form of circles (the size depends on the desired shape of the shell). The circles will grow wide as you bake, so leave some space on the sides. Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
7. Transfer the cookies to a plate from the baking sheet to cool well.
8. Melt 200 grams of butter, add a glass of sugar and 0.5 liters of sour cream, vanilla sugar to it, mix well.
9. Set aside a few circles for further decoration. Lay the rest in layers on a plate, forming a shell, smear each layer with cream.
10. Lay out the legs, tail and head of the turtle from the previously set biscuits. Mix the remaining granulated sugar with 100 grams of butter, sour cream and 5 tablespoons of cocoa in a saucepan, boil the glaze until the grains dissolve. Coat each shell cookie with icing.
11. Decorate the turtle as you like, such as coconut, cream, nuts, dried fruit. Draw the eyes, claws, nose and tail. Wait until the cake has set and soaked, then serve. Enjoy your tea!