This bread is ideal for sweet sandwiches such as peanut butter, jam, or butter and honey. Use raw sunflower seeds instead of roasted sunflower seeds, as salt is often added to them. The bread will turn out to be ruddy, fragrant, with a sweetish aftertaste.
Appointment: For breakfast / For children / For breakfast
Main Ingredient: Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Bread
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Water - 250 Milliliters
- Honey - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Dry Fast Acting Yeast - 2 Teaspoons
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Sunflower seeds - 0.5 cups
- Whole Grain Flour - 1.5 Cups
- Salt - 0.5 Art. spoons
- Wheat flour - 1.5-2 cups
- Eggs (protein) - 1 Piece
Number of Servings: 12
How to make "Seed Bread"
1. Add yeast and honey to warm water, stir and leave for a while.
2. Coarsely chop the sunflower seeds in a blender bowl.
3. Pour a glass of whole grain flour into a bowl, add sunflower seeds to it.
4. Add the olive oil to the flour, pour in the yeast mixture, stir and add the remaining 0.5 cups of whole grain flour.
5. Add regular flour: first 0.5 cups, stir, add a little.
6. Place the dough on a floured table and knead the dough for about 5 minutes so that it does not stick to your hands.
7. The dough turns out to be soft and elastic, if you poke into it with your finger, the dent quickly levels out.
8. Grease a bowl with vegetable oil and put the dough in it, cover with plastic wrap. Leave the dough for 1.5-2 hours.
9. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, then form 2 balls and place on the parchment.
10. Cover the dough with a towel and leave again for 1.5-2 hours.
11. Whisk the egg white with a tablespoon of water, grease each loaf liberally and make a cruciform incision.
12. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and send the bread into it for 20 minutes.
13. Remove and check for a beautiful crust, if necessary, bake for another 5-7 minutes. Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool.
14. Cool slightly and cut into slices.